2020-21 Spotlight Organization:
“Dunebrook’s mission is to help parents build healthier, happier families. We have a fully trained staff that provides guidance, encouragement and education in the home. Parents learn how to build confidence and competence as they are assisted with basic family needs, learn positive interactions with their child, gaining better understanding of what to expect in their child’s growth and development and life coping skills. In addition to our positive prevention focus, we also offer intervention assistance in child abuse investigations. Interviews are conducted on site in a comfortable, child and family friendly environment. Our programs are free and totally confidential.”
Dunebrook was founded in 1989 as a not-for-profit organization. Office in Michigan City serve six counties, La Porte, Porter, Starke, Newton Jasper and Pulaski Counties. Dunebrook’s founders continue to be passionate about helping those in both prevention and intervention.
In 2015, more than 6,357 home visits were made, 6,031 children learned through out Body Safety Program, 210 Forensic Interviews were conducted, 11 Stewards of Children Presentations were conducted with 117 parents participating and 13,054 books were distributed during our home visits.
Stay tuned for upcoming events that will help benefit Dunebrook!
The Lakefront Career Network (LCN) is the young professionals group of the Michigan City Chamber of Commerce. Each year the LCN chooses a non-profit to spotlight for the year through a unique partnership. Through this partnership, the LCN creates an increased awareness of the organization and what they do. By connecting to a mission that resonates, LCN volunteers can connect with other great people and make a huge difference in the community. The LCN is very proud of the partnerships they have created and sustained in Michigan City and the surrounding areas.
The LCN Spotlight Organization criteria:
- Be a registered 501c3 organization
- Have been established for at least 5 years
- Be an organization with a strong local presence in Michigan City
- Be willing to work with the LCN Committee to coordinate involvement
- Have the ability to cross-promote within networks
- Have an active need that can benefit from a year-long partnership
A partnership with LCN can include:
- A feature on the LCN’s website page
- Social media promotion through both the LCN and Chamber channels
- An invitation to speak on behalf of your organization at LCN events
- An LCN fundraising event to benefit your organization
- An LCN coordinated volunteer opportunity on “Day of Giving” for your organization